Taekwondo and triathlon could offer good chances of podium places at the very least.
Taekwondo and triathlon could, once again, offer good chances of podium places at the very least.
Here the PA news agency takes a look at where the next success may come.
After two agonising last-gasp silvers for Bradly Sinden and Lauren Williams, world number one and reigning world champion Bianca Walkden will bid to go one better in the women’s +67kg category from 0830 BST. Heavyweight Mahama Cho also has a medal chance in the men’s event.
All three British women Vicky Holland, Jess Learmonth and Georgia Taylor-Brown have strong medal chances as they bid to emulate or go one better than Alex Yee’s silver medal in the men’s event. 2230 BST (Monday)
World number one and gold medal favourite Pat McCormack will get his campaign for welterweight boxing gold under way when he faces Aliaksandr Radzionau of Belarus in the last 16. 0300 BST
Outside of the Team GB environment there is a must-watch moment in the form of Simone Biles who gets her first opportunity to add to the four gold medals she won in Rio in 2016 when she tries to steer defending champions the USA to victory in the women’s team final. However, they face a battle against the team representing the Russian Olympic Committee who pipped them to top spot in qualifying. 1145 BST
Tuesday TV guide
- Olympics 2020 BBC1 0400; Breakfast, BBC1 0600; Olympics Live BBC1 0900, 1245; BBC2 1200.
- 3×3 Basketball, Eurosport 2 0900, 1100.
- Boxing, Eurosport 1 1000.
- Canoeing, Eurosport 1 0600, 0800.
- Diving, Eurosport 1 0700.
- Gymnastics Eurosport 1 1135.
- Mountain biking, Eurosport 2 0655.
- Rowing, Eurosport 1 0100, 0200.
- Surfing, Eurosport 2 0200, 2335.
- Swimming, Eurosport 1 0225.
- Taekwondo, Eurosport 2 1230.
- Weightlifting, Eurosport 1 0430 0845.