Kevin Spacey siktet for fire seksuelle overgrep før den britiske rettsopptredenen denne uken

Kevin Spacey siktet for fire seksuelle overgrep før den britiske rettsopptredenen denne uken
The Hollywood star is expected to deny the charges

amerikansk skuespiller Kevin Spacey has been formally charged with four counts of seksuelle overgrep against three men, har politiet sagt.

Spacey, 62, has also been charged by the Metropolitan Police with causing a person to engage in penetrative sexual activity without consent.

The Oscar-winning actor, best known for his performances in the 1995 crime thriller The Usual Suspects og 1999 drama American Beauty, is due to appear at Westminster Magistrates Court at 10am on Thursday this week.

He was also the artistic director of the Old Vic between 2004 og 2015.

It follows a review by the Crown Prosecution Service last month of evidence gathered by the Met in its investigation, which authorised the charging. But Spacey could only be charged once he had travelled to the Storbritannia.

The Met said the kostnader include two counts of sexual assault on a man who is now in his 40s, i mars 2005 i London, one count of sexual assault on a man who is now in his 30s, i august 2008 i London, and causing him to engage in penetrative sexual activity without consent, and one count of sexual assault on a man, now aged in his 30s, i April 2013 in Gloucestershire.

De Hollywood star had previously said that he would travel to the UK to face the charges, which he is expected to deny.

In a statement released to Good Morning America after the CPS announcement, Spacey said: “While I am disappointed with their decision to move forward, I will voluntarily appear in the UK as soon as can be arranged and defend myself against these charges, which I am confident will prove my innocence.”

Legg igjen et svar

e-postadressen din vil ikke offentliggjøres.