Applicants are required to get 75 percent of the questions right to pass
The “Life in the UK” test is a key part of the application process to become a British citizen or settle in the country.
Tests were introduced in 2005 for migrants seeing citizenship and in 2007 for people applying for settlement, and are intended to prove applicants have ‘sufficient knowledge’ of British life.
But it has faced criticism for including questions that many British-born citizens would not know.
Semana Anterior, O Independente revealed that one migrant took the test a record 118 vezes at the cost of £50 each time.
Applicants are required to get 18 do 24 questions right, uma 75% pass rate.
Do you think you can do it? We have pulled together a list of sample questions here:
1. Which of the following is part of the UK?
UMA) St Helena
C) Ilhas do Canal
2. Which charity works to preserve important buildings?
UMA) The Red Cross
C) Age UK
D) The National Trust
3. What created the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland?
UMA) The Great Union
B) The Great governments
C) The Act of Union
D) The Act for the governments
4. Which of these UK landmarks is in Wales?
UMA) The Giant’s Causeway
B) Loch Lomond
D) The Lake District
5. Which flower is associated with England?
6. Who built the Tower of London?
UMA) Oliver Cromwell
B) Henry VII
C) William the Conqueror
D) Henry VIII
7. When did the first Christian communities appear in Britain?
UMA) 2nd and 3rd centuries
B) 3rd and 4th centuries
C) 4th and 5th centuries
D) 1st and 2nd centuries
8. When is St David’s day?
UMA) 17 Março
B) 23 abril
C) 30 novembro
D) 1 Março
9. What is the capital of England?
10. Who appoints ‘Life Peers’?
UMA) The Prime Minister
B) The Monarch
C) The Shadow Cabinet
D) The Speaker
11. What Palace was a cast-iron and plate-glass building originally erected in Hyde Park, Londres, Inglaterra, to house the Great Exhibition of 1851?
UMA) The Great Palace
B) Crystal Palace
C) Gold Palace
D) Dream Palace
12. What did the Chartists campaign for?
UMA) The right to vote for the 18 anos de idade
B) The right to vote for the women
C) The right to vote for the 21 anos de idade
D) The right to vote for the working class
13. Roast beef is a traditional food of which country?
B) Irlanda do Norte
14. Dentro 1314, the Scottish, led by Robert the Bruce defeated the English at the Battle of Bannockburn, and Scotland remained unconquered by the English.
15. What is not a fundamental principle of British life?
UMA) Driving a car
B) Looking after yourself and family
C) Looking after the environment
D) Treating others with fairness
16. The UK government hasn’t used the power to suspend the Northern Ireland Assembly.
17. Which flag has a white cross on a blue background?
18. Which TWO are British Overseas territories?
C) St Helena
D) The Falkland Islands
19. When is Christmas Eve?
UMA) 23 dezembro
B) 26 dezembro
C) 24 dezembro
D) 25 dezembro
20. Which of these is a famous classical musical event in the UK?
UMA) The Proms
B) T in the Park
D) Glastonbury Festival
21. Where is the Cenotaph located?
C) Trafalgar Square
22. Where was Robert Burns from?
UMA) Irlanda do Norte
23. Who was the first Briton to win the Olympic gold medal in the 10,000 metros?
UMA) Mo Farah
B) David Weir
C) Bradley Wiggins
D) Sir Chris Hoy
24. In which year did the Allies comprehensively defeat Germany in World War 2?
1B 2D 3C 4C 5B 6C 7B 8D 9B 10B 11B 12D 13A 14A 15A 16B 17D 18CD 19C 20A 21D 22B 23A 24D